Wednesday, February 15, 2012

MySQL and Darkness Falls: The Crusade and MySQL

Today was the first big step in the remake of Darkness Falls: The Crusade in terms of development.  I've basically got all the mechanics worked out, ie the interaction between players and monsters, and I took the next step, setting up the database.  I've done some database work before, some basic web stuff for software engineering class (A) and more in-depth senior level class in database management (A-) that both used MySQL so I've gone ahead and chosen that for this project.  I spent much of the day organizing the tables for what I would need.  As it is right now I'm at about 27 tables, some of which are going to have thousands of entries, which should be interesting since, when it comes to rooms, many will be input manually unless I make an area generation program or something.  It was too late to fire it up yet, so that is on tomorrow's agenda.  The next step after that is to setup a server side and client side and heck, I'm almost to a bare bones system.

3 comments:

  1. I've played a remake of DFC once before. They used the same maps and everything. basicly copy and paste. Then they started to go their own way with it and I dont know what happen. Hopefully I can find this again so I can play...

    ReplyDelete
  2. i hope this comes together!

    ReplyDelete