Thursday, April 26, 2012

More DFC and DFC and DFC

I thought it would be prudent to post something that could serve as an update for those who find this blog and are interested in my progress.   The easiest way to contact me is DFCRemake@gmail.com and I'll get that immediately, if I'm not at my computer, I'll get it on my phone.   I can't give a definite time table as to when it would be done.  Most of the work is creative work, the actual client/server isn't terribly complicated.  Most importantly, I want to address the issue of donations.  Originally, I wasn't even going to release this to the public so it wasn't an issue.  Now that I am actually designing something for others to use, at some point I will end up taking donations, and probably implement some sort of currency in game in which is received when donations are made.  This would be used for certain benefits like retraining, renames, perhaps race changes and other things.  Finally, I will not even be entertaining the idea of accepting anything until people are able to play it and it is out of "beta."  It is extremely nice of people to offer, I know they all loved the game like I did, but I do not feel right taking money for services/products not rendered, it would be wrong.

Addendum:  Magestorm levels gained: 202  Magestorm levels remaining for 9 30s: 68

8 comments:

  1. Man... I've tried to comment 3 times now and it wont stick lol... Anyway I dont plan on donating to an unplayable game like ppl have done for Cyra. However if the time comes and you've got a playable game and servers and such are just needed to move forward thats something I'd help with. I don't want to see ppl spend money on something that they'll never get anything back out of either. I feel bad for the ppl that have worked hard on Cyra but unless Vassi has been on a 6 month programming spree to finish Cyra I don't think it'll ever get done... You've got my support man keep us updated! - Vizion

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would also help to financially support this project if it is brought to a playable state. Apparently blogspot will also freak out and make me doublepost. -Studz

    ReplyDelete
  4. A darkness falls mud revival might be an excellent candidate for a Kickstarter campaign. Of course, without the rights to the IP it's probably not doable, but if someone could get their hands on those, they could probably get funded to build a MUD (and hey, who can say that these days?).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fortunately it shouldn't be too hard to get around that. All of the formulas going into battles was developed completely by me and while it does mildly resemble it, there are some fundamental ways in which it is different. The only thing I would have to change would be names of things

    ReplyDelete
  6. Any way you look at it they really couldn't come after you if you aren't charging a fee to play it... However you could probably make some pretty good scratch if you rename everything and charge a monthly on it.... I'd pay good money to be able to waste my life playing dfc again lol - Vizion

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's really nice to see fresh result when Googling Darkness Falls The Crusade. I really hope this happens!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would kill to play dfc again....

    ReplyDelete