Saturday, December 24, 2011

A Very Special Nerds and Politics and Nerds Freakin' Christmas

I finally took down my Don't Donate to the Salvation army profile picture on facebook.  I wanted to go at least one day with a regular x-mas picture.  I had about 6 people message me privately, only one I actually knew, about why I had it up.  Each time I explained how I used to donate casually but after reading the article I posted in one of the earlier blog posts, changed my position.  Every single time someone asked, they were simply curious as to what it meant, they weren't raging about it, each time I also got a "Thanks" after giving them all the basic same explanation.  The one friend I did have ask me, who is a pretty strong Christian, went on to have a great conversation with me about various other religion related issues and I was pleased with how it turned out.  If anything comes of this entire thing, I hope that its these people have come to the realization that just because I don't believe in God, doesn't mean I am not a good person.

Today, I leave you with my favorite Family Guy quote, and it always makes me think of my good friend Bugatow, which was his gaming nickname, who drank, then drove, then died.  He was one of my first true, really close friends and each year on the anniversary of his death and on his birthday I usually end up shut in my room and if I'm not too broken up about it, playing games online as his name as sort of an homage to him.  Anyways, from Family Guy, myself and Bugatow, I wish everyone a Happy Christmas.


"As we all know, Christmas is that mystical time of year when the ghost of Jesus rises from the grave to feed on the flesh of the living. So we all sing Christmas carols to lull him back to sleep." -Peter Griffin, A Very Special Family Guy Freakin' Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment